June Makes Three

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sophie & Me

For Christmas, Mike bought me the book Marley & Me, which I'd heard about on and off but never paid much mind to. Now that I have leapt so enthusiastically onto the dog-lover bandwagon, I embrace the many canine themed gifts I've gotten this year and dove into bed each night for the past week at 9pm (yes, 9pm) so I could continue reading this wonderful account of the life of a lovable, loopy family dog.

I finished it last night and after the cathartic sobfest that accompanies such books, I realized that I must remember to appreciate Sophie's puppy days, for they are short lived. She has already grown so much and we only snapped a few shots of her as a baby. Having loved and lost family pets over the years, I know full well how their lifetimes are so brief. Reading the book served as a reminder that I shouldn't hesitate to give her that extra hug, walk, etc., and cherish every moment with her.

If you've got pets, give 'em a little extra love tonight... they won't turn it down!

2 Comments:

  • We just shot some video last night of our pup running around. I knew in a few months, we would wish we had.

    By Blogger aimeeg, at 5:37 PM  

  • Hi, I love this post and the picture of you and Sophie. She is SO CUTE!!! It is so true about the puppy days. My Scottie was a very bad puppy and I would always say oh I wish she would out grow this phase. But now she is 12 and I get sad when she isn't running around driving me crazy!

    By Blogger Tracy and Bob, at 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home