June Makes Three

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Holidays

Hope everyone is having a great holiday, whatever you celebrate. We had a great time on Christmas Eve (my first time hosting the family) and Christmas Day (at Mike's parents' house).

I have two favorite gifts this year: first, my mom is moving to my neighborhood after a couple years of being far enough away that we don't get together as often as we would like. We are all super excited to have her nearby. Second, I received the best adoption morale booster possible: the 2007 Families with Children from China calendar. The calendar, which can be bought at chinasprout.com, contains oodles of photos and stories of children adopted from various provinces, special needs and non-special needs, all ages, boys and girls. (The proceeds from the sale of these calendars benefit charities for children in orphanages in China, plus cultural education initiaves.) Mike and I got a huge lift from this. We are obviously a little sad that we've still got such a long road ahead, but the faces of these adorable kids grinning back at me every day will serve as a reminder that yes, we'll have our daughter one day and get us through another year!

OK, I confess that there was a third gift I'm totally in love with: my Coach bag from sis. She apparently "knows people" in NY? (I didn't ask.) For someone who usually buys her purses off the clearance rack at Marshall's, this was quite a treat. Note to self: do not spill wine on this bag, it will not wipe up easily like pleather.

Happy Holidays to all!!

2 Comments:

  • Merry Christmas to you! I'm sure the calendar rocks--we got one from our agency and LOVE it! You are right--it helps to read the other stories and see all the great pics of families.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:25 PM  

  • Hi Cora and Mike, I just love that calendar!!! I will be hinting around for one myself!!

    Also, very happy to hear that your mom is moving close by! It really is great to have family close!!!

    Talk to you soon!

    Tracy

    By Blogger Tracy and Bob, at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home