June Makes Three

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Still waiting

Nada much to report lately. Received very lovely baby quilt from my friend Tracy. It's beautiful and I can't wait tuck June into it one day. But, I've put it aside in the room that will become June's because I can't seem to do anything related to preparing for her arrival. It all feels so far away. On a basic, reasonable level I know it'll happen eventually, but with the constantly fluctuating predictions as to how long we'll wait, it just doesn't feel like we'll really get there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sad or depressed. Just in limbo. I've already read 7 books related to China, adoption, or both, and before I achieve major reader burnout, I need to give the growing library (and my wallet) a break.

For the moment we're just watching the mailbox every day for the 171. (Days waiting: 16) I suspect that letter of approval will inject some enthusiasm back into both of us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home