June Makes Three

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I Love I Love Toys!

Has anyone else been watching I Love Toys?

OK, I admit it. I am a sucker for VH1 clip-and-panel shows. Best Week Ever is on my DVR. I watched I Love the 70s, and I loved it. I watched I Love the 80s with lukewarm enthusiasm, but there were some great “ohhh yeaaaaahhhhh, THAT thing!” moments. I Love the 90s was more or less unbearable, though. And I Love the Holidays was really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

But. BUT. Now they’ve come out with I Love Toys and it is now one of my current favorite guilty pleasures (second to AI, just can’t help it). A lot of the toys-slash-games are from the 70s, and as a child of the disco era I guess I’m just all caught up again in the nostalgia. Slip ‘n Slide! Colorforms! Mousetrap!!! For one day I’d gladly give up my laptop, cell phone and HDTV just for a stroll back to the simpler times.

I’m starting to sound old, aren’t I? Kind of like a parent?

P.S. Days waiting for 171-H: 6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home