June Makes Three

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The June-athon

So I'm shamelessly copying this idea from Aimee (Jade Road) and her husband, who are walking the distance from their home to Beijing while they wait for referral. It's an ambitious venture, to say the least (somewhere near 7000 miles)! Hats off to you guys!!!!

We're not quite that determined. But, I'm getting spring fever and am anxious to set a new goal. Last spring, I signed up for exercise boot camp (and am still waking up around 5am out of habit, the only habit that stuck). This year, I've decided to walk 1000 miles between now and when we travel to China. Mike has offered to walk 1000 miles of his own. My wild guess for our referral date is about 14 months from now, and once that referral comes I can't imagine we'll have time to keep up with the walks when we're getting ready to travel. So.... that means we each need to walk about 17 miles per week if we're going to finish on time. If there actually is a speed up in referrals, we're going to have to haul ass. But that's a good problem to have!

We both got pedometers and are NOT counting distance walked around the office, to the kitchen for cookies, etc. We are only calculating walks taken outside, or on the treadmill.

As of today: 3 miles down, 997 to go!

8 Comments:

  • Good luck with your goal!

    By Blogger Alicia, at 4:19 PM  

  • Because of our lofty (read: insane) goal, we ARE counting what we walk at work. It actually added up to 8 miles between us, which certainly helps.
    Best of luck to you, and please keep us all posted! Hopefully, we can inspire each other to keep at it!!

    By Blogger aimeeg, at 6:49 PM  

  • I think this is a great idea! I may have to steal the idea and see if I can convience Bob that he needs to do it too!

    GOOD LUCK!! I'll be cheering you on.

    By Blogger Tracy and Bob, at 6:54 AM  

  • wow, I'll be your cheerleader if need be (you know the one on the sidelines watching the action taking place, but not really participating all that much)

    By Blogger Dannye, at 8:32 PM  

  • Thanks for the support!!!

    By Blogger Cora & Mike, at 9:45 AM  

  • Here's to kind of HOPING you'll have to haul ass, right? Make it fun...

    By Blogger kitchu, at 10:53 AM  

  • Great idea on the walking...especially to share.
    I'm visiting from Aimee's blog because I saw that you were a Stephen Lynch fan. :)

    By Blogger tundrachica, at 10:55 PM  

  • Long live Stephen Lynch!!!

    By Blogger Cora & Mike, at 4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home