June Makes Three

Monday, April 17, 2006

We Interrupt This Adoption Blog to Bring You... A Boot Camp Blog

I’m coming up short on adoption-related stories to relate to you, my faithful readers. Apart from the occasional sob-fest over the ever-increasing wait times, I’ve got a whole lot of nothing. We’ll be DTC soon. Then we’ll be LID. Then nothing. Long stretches of nothing. I fear if I do June’s room and get all show-offy about it, it’ll be out of style by the time she’s old enough to smear peanut butter on the carefully placed wallpaper border. If I keep telling you how my love for her, even without knowing her, swells with each passing day, you'll puke, and I'll give myself an aneurysm. I’ve gorged myself on too many China-related and adoption-related books and let’s face it: I’m not going to say anything about them you couldn’t find in the review section of Amazon. I'm just saying… the well’s going to dry up for a while.

What to do? Meander on about nothing? Sublet the blog to someone else with more interesting adoption news? Or just hang a “Back in 12 Months” sign? Well…

As I mentioned previously, I’ve signed up for fitness boot camp. Since then I’ve contemplated it, feared it, and ultimately have become very committed to it. Today I met with Dr. Drill, who deemed me fit for torture 3 days a week for 5 weeks. I’ve decided that I’m going to take this seriously and since I’ve got no other distractions for the foreseeable future, there’s no excuse not to succeed. Therefore, I’ll be relating my progress here. I'll still post about the adoption of course, anytime I've got something newsworthy.

Camp starts two weeks from today. To prepare for the cringe-inducing 4:45am wake time, I’ve been hitting the gym earlier and earlier every day. I need a mini boot camp just to prepare for boot camp.

I think I can do this. No, I can do this! So long as I don’t have to shave my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home