June Makes Three

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Relay for Life

Yesterday we participated in the annual Relay for Life to raise money for the American Cancer Society. It was a really beautiful day. My mom, a three-time cancer survivor, was there, as were many others. At dusk, all of the teams lit luminaries that circled a quarter-mile track, and as we walked past them all, I noticed more luminaries in memory of loved ones, far more than those in honor of survivors. I was once again reminded of how fortunate my family is, and that I should never forget to be thankful.

More and more cures will be discovered in the future, and we'll celebrate many more survivors... thanks to research funding. If you'd like to participate in a relay or start a team, click here to learn more.

Thanks to my friends and family who donated this year!!

2 Comments:

  • My name is Christie Schuetz, and I too went to our local Relay for Life this weekend. I have been part of a team for the past 3 years. Our team has raised the most in our region for the past 3 years. It is an incredible night for all. What a blessing your mom is. My Mom and I are on the same team and have had many friends deal with cancer. I am from Illinois and on the May Magpies site. I even have our little Maizi a Future Relayer t-Shirt. Please visit me at: http://www.babyjellybeans.com/web/do/site?ID=6026

    By Blogger Christie, at 2:43 PM  

  • Hi Christie,

    Relay for Life is an awesome event. Congrats on your team doing so well!


    Thanks for stopping by, I did check out your website and signed your guestbook. :-)

    By Blogger Cora & Mike, at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home