June Makes Three

Saturday, May 12, 2007

It's Been a Year? Already?

Actually, since we began this adoption process, it's been a year and a half. But who wants to count back that far? We'll just call it our one year-LID anniversary and be done with it.

The truth, though, is that this past year went very quickly. (Twentysomethings and younger, take note: like a sadistic merry-go-round, the clock starts spinning faster and faster as soon as you hit thirty, so enjoy the illuson of youth while you can. (Did I just sound like a parent? Oooh, I really am ready! (Do I use parentheses too often? Eh, who cares. My blog.))) I think we can pretty much count on the next year zipping by as well. I start a new job on Monday. Will be eking out as many weekends at my sister's as possible this summer. We're thinking of going to San Francisco in September. And soon enough, it'll be time to fight the mobs for cut-price Christmas tree ornaments.

In the meantime, I bought a boatload of flowers to plant this weekend to lure the ladybugs.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies and waiting-mommies!

2 Comments:

  • Happy One Year!

    By Blogger aimeeg, at 6:42 AM  

  • I agree, the time does (thankfully) pass quickly... good luck on the new job!

    www.jadepanda.wordpress.com

    By Blogger Dana, at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home