June Makes Three

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hello, Kitty

This past weekend my mom and I took a road trip to see my sister's new house. She bought a ginormous place on a ginormous lake in northern NJ. We went with all intents of helping her unpack some stuff, clean out some stuff and get her settled. Then we eyed the backyard, which hosts a dock, paddleboat, jetski and speedboat. Plus a flock of wildlife. Suffice to say, we did not accomplish much beyond watersports, feeding the geese and sitting on the swing counting out the weekends this summer we'd be spending at Esther's new resort.

Next up, we visited my new friend Marleen and her family who happen to live near my sister. Marleen found me on a Yahoo group for adoptive parents logged in on China's waiting list in May '06. Turns out we have the same agency and the same LID! So we will be travelling together. This is her second adoption. Her first daughter is Kitty, who was kind enough to hang out on my lap for a while and show me pictures of her adoption and her family. She was an absolute joy and totally rejuvenated me as we wait for the day we meet our daughter. She even agreed to show June and her little sister the ropes.

We had a blast hanging out with Marleen and her family and I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of each other in the coming months (and years)!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home