June Makes Three

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Out of the Running...

Already, it seems, I will not be running a 10K after all. My knee, which never acted up during the short 5 minute runs during boot camp, now refuses to cooperate on longer jogs. This happened in my twenties, and I should have known better. So, oh well. Better to pay attention to the signals than wind up sifting through the yellow pages looking for an orthopedic surgeon in a couple years!

Down but not out, I've decided to instead start preparing for a fall hike on the Appalachian Trail. I think that's a good goal, something challenging to work on, to keep me from obsessively checking in with the Rumor Queen, and do something in the name of good health.

In other news, our local Burlington Coat Factory is going out of business. I'm thisclose to stopping in tomorrow to check out baby things. I haven't made a single June-related purchase yet. I think it's mostly because of paranoia that things will fall through. But now, with LID firmly in place, I'm tempted.... so tempted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home