June Makes Three

Monday, June 12, 2006

Staying on Track

June's adoption continues hover in the far, far distance, and I have to find a way to not accidentally unload all my paychecks at Babies R Us. So I'm determined to do the following things:

1.) Keep my chin up. No whining.
2.) Maintain something that resembles a blog, without boring you to death.
3.) Run a 10K race.

So, for those who enjoyed my five weeks of torture at boot camp, I'll be chronicling my near-insane attempt to prepare to cross the finish line of the Friends of the Dove 10K. I am almost certainly in over my head, as you need to be able to run 6 miles and I can currently run 1. But my new trainer, April, whom I pay sufficient funds weekly to tell me the truth about my athletic capabilities, says I can do it. So, it's back at the gym at 5:30am, several days a week, on the treadmill, the track, and eventually the uneven terrain of the park at which the race will be held.

At first I really didn't want to do it. But then I read this totally inspiring article and realized that if this poor guy can finish the XTERRA triathlon, I can pull it together enough to run a measly 10K. So... here goes nothing!

1 Comments:

  • Good luck with that! Nice Photoshop work =)

    By Blogger Criss, at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home